The Diagnosis


On October 27th 2020, I wasn’t feeling good (getting sick, awful headache, weak, and nose bleeds lasting up to an hour straight). For a while I had been having intense migraines and sick to my stomach at random times, which we just expected was from the awful migraines. We had mentioned this to my pediatrician but they just assumed that this was from me not having my period for 10 months. We decided I should go to the pediatrician to get checked out just to make sure. Never would i have expected to not being going home for two weeks. Never would we had ever expected the diagnosis that I received that day. The visit started with the routine blood pressure being took but, this time it was sky high at a shocking 180/120. Everyone just thought that the blood pressure monitor was inaccurate. They then tested my blood pressure multiple times with different machines and different people, all of the results coming out the same. They then told me that I needed to go to the emergency room to be further checked out. My dad and I just assumed that it would be very simple and we would return home that night. Little did we know that was not the case. When arriving to the hospital they continued taking my blood pressure but it was still very high. They ran a bunch of test, which it took a long time. We were waiting for hours until finally the doctor came in at the same time my Mom had arrived. The doctor stated that the test showed that I was in end stage renal failure. Boy, was that a humongous surprise that we never ever expected. They then told us that I would be admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit. As they took me up to my room, I really didn’t even completely know what kidneys were or how much of a major piece to my body they were. When on the floor my attention was instantly drawn to the huge swarm of doctors and nurses around one particular room. I thought that was for sure not the room I was going to. But, it was my room. It was all such a scary and mind blowing experience.  I felt like I was a fish in an aquarium, due to the whole entrance wall of the room being glass and being watched. They rushed in asking me tons of questions to try to get some background information. They were all so amazed over the fact that I simply just didn’t look sick. I told them I felt like I always did, they then asked if on a scale from one to ten how I felt one being the worst anyone could ever feel and ten being I felt so good I could run a marathon. I answered that it was a ten and I could run a marathon. I felt normal. I wondered how could I ever could be as sick as they’re saying I am when I felt normal. Turns out that it was just “ my normal”, I had gotten use to feeling completely awful. I had even played my last game of my first high school volleyball season 5 days before and it was my best game of the season. You might be wondering “ how could it had been the best game of the season if you were so sick”? Well my answer to that question is simply, God. God is why. The doctors then explained to me that I shouldn’t of just walked in and that it was a miracle that I did. They said that most of the time end stage renal failure is diagnosed through the person breaking bones especially their neck. We were all astonished. But, again the answer to this miracle was all GOD! Little did I know that this day was the start of my journey. A journey that I wouldn’t exchange for ANYTHING. A journey that was my life turn around and the start of the growth that I desperately needed. 

Bible verse- For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. 
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 
A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silent, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Song- The God who stays, By Mathew West

Next post topic- Looking for the details 

Prayer- Dear Lord, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here to speak about the marvelous miracles you have preformed all throughout this journey and the ones that you continue to preform in front of our very eyes. We are not worthy but you are. Help my story that you blessed me with to help at least one person come to you and form an amazing, trustworthy, and strong relationship with you Father. Thank you Lord for all that you do. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me!

Looking for the details